The Adaway Group is a minority and woman owned consulting firm that brings together multi-racial teams to work on projects related to racial equity and social justice.
We bring a distinctly structural framework to our work. We understand that inequity, racial and otherwise, is the result of cumulative disadvantage built into social institutions, via law, policy, and everyday practice. We work from an intersectional perspective, which believes that organizations thrive when they build cultures that are inclusive of wide ranging ethnic, racial, gender, sexual, religious, and national identities and abilities.
Desiree Adaway is a Principal of The Adaway Group. With over 20 years experience creating, leading and managing international, multicultural teams through major organizational changes in over 40 countries, she is uniquely qualified to partner with talented leaders to successfully navigate through integrations, reorganizations, and all stages of organizational evolution.
Desiree has held senior-level roles in several large, well-respected organizations in the nonprofit and grant management sectors. Her deep level of expertise in fundraising, grant management, and environmental, social justice, and faith-based initiatives, allows her to offer specific insights that help organizations achieve consistent, quality program results at the chapter, national, and international levels.
- She was the Senior Director of Volunteer Mobilization for Habitat for Humanity International.
- At Rotary International, she served as the director of their largest Humanitarian Grants program.
- She crafted and administered partnerships that secured over $10.5 million in funding from a variety of private and corporate resources.
- She helped design and administer more than 150 global programs that directly engaged 500,000 people into action and almost one million people indirectly through the creation of global strategies.
Desiree believes that to create work of depth and meaning, leaders need to fully engage both their creativity and their intellect. She helps organizations make full use of both abilities to create strong narratives that showcase not just the data, but the story behind the data.
Select Client List
- YWCA Asheville
- Asheville City Schools Foundation
- Buncombe County Family Social Justice Center
- Mycelium School
- United Airlines
- Dogwood Alliance
- Amy Mandel& Katina Rodis Fund
- Girl Scouts
- Opportunity International
- Rotary International
I encourage you to contact me if you have any additional questions or want to know how we can get started working together.
- Set up a call using my online scheduler
- Send an email to [email protected]
- Call me at (828) 423-0840