The soul of any movement is inspiration.
Big ideas matter. They feed and sustain us. They frustrate and scare us. They call us to act. They call us to question. They call us to fail. They call us to step into greatness. I give talks, lectures and keynotes to nonprofits, universities, and businesses, especially those with an interest in social entrepreneurship, on the power of community. The big idea is to understand community as a body that will support us, hold us accountable, challenge us, and create a safe space for growth.
When I speak I do it to inspire you to act, to move, to connect, to create, to transform.
I offer expertise-driven content and insights with passion, power and integrity. My presentations have a mix of thought provoking content presented with humor and wit. I weave in revealing stories about my own experience, and that of others, to illustrate points.
Storytelling is the most powerful way of moving ideas into the world.
I am practical and supportive with decades of experience that I infuse into my presentations. I am known by staff, senior leadership, peers, and partners as being great at open, honest, and productive conversations. I am not afraid of addressing anything that gets in the way of great work. My style is positive, approachable, engaging, service-oriented and audience-centered.
To learn more about my background see our About page.
My years of experience can help you create workshops, lectures or webinars that:
- Get you beyond doing “diversity” to creating and sustaining a culture of equity and inclusivity.
- Turn potential for crisis into opportunity. Support you as you embark on something new, different or difficult.
- Retain talent by helping teams see the connections among their talents, their actions and their missions.
- Help your organization identify and refine your greatest skills.
- Identify and invest in the parts of your organization that are working–focusing on building-up and building-out your areas of excellence.
- Prepare your people to manage difficult or challenging situations.
- Prepare for the future direction of your organization with the ability to pivot and adapt as environments mandate while remaining focused on your core mission.
Bottom Line: Your audience is going to be educated and entertained — but even more than that, they will get pragmatic and useful, tools, resources, and information to help them be more effective in their work.
- Having the Difficult Conversations: Race, Gender, Class
- Creating Relevance Through Equity and Inclusion
- Intent vs. Impact and Implicit Bias
- Building an Inclusive Network
- Creating an Anti-Oppressive Workplace
- Unpacking White Supremacy Values in Non-Profits
- Mentoring Across Race
- Hiring and Retention Through a Racial Equity Lens
- Strategic Visioning
- The Beauty of Community Building and Transformative Change
Are you looking to hire a speaker? Have you loved what you have read so far? Want to learn more?
- Set up an exploratory call using my online scheduler.
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (828) 423-0840