You need more than an issue, goal or mission to make change happen.
Every year hundreds of nonprofits are created- a creative spark goes off in the head of some concerned citizens. They have energy, drive and a great idea on how to help change the world.
Many of these grassroots organizations– are passionate about an issue or a cause but have very little real world experience in creating, running or maintaining an organization.
They have virtually no experience with governance or in securing the money to finance the effort. Many worthwhile and needed programs ultimately fail because they were not put together well. When these organizations fail it is the community and clients that suffer.
That is why I have created the Building an Effective NonProfit Tele-Class.
I am here to be your advocate, adviser and coach to help provide you with the knowledge, resources, tools and support you need to be successful. This is an online course. So long as you have a good phone or SKYPE connection, you can call in and join us from anywhere in the world. You’ll receive the call-in details in early October.
In this four week tele-class, I am going to show you how to:
- Create the organizational framework for an effective organization
- Help you understand all of the required reporting and paperwork
- Help you create an engaged community that will volunteer and donate.
- Give you the confidence and inspiration to take your dream to reality and transform lives
This tele-class will serve as an introduction to the basic concepts and skills needed to create and run a sustainable organization.
Who am I?
I am Desiree Adaway, a trusted expert with decades of experience in non-profit management. I have created a powerful course that provides practical and basic how to information about legal, tax, organizational and fundraising issues particular to nonprofits in the start up phase.
We will explore all of the phases of creating and operating a new nonprofit
I bring you the very best advice in a easy-to-learn structure,a safe place to explore and support that helps get you clear and keeps you accountable.
What they say
Desiree Adaway is innovative, insightful, and deeply genuine and real. She also has a deep understanding of the unique environment and challenges of the nonprofit sector. If you have an idea and a vision for change, she will guide you through the process of beginning to make it a reality . ~ Erin B
I must say that I was moved to action after each session and that was amazing to me. I would love to continue coaching with Desiree Adaway.~ Linda Robinson
The Adaway Group was able to pinpoint solutions to issues in ways that I hadn’t even thought of. The approaches proposed enabled me to alter my strategy in a way
that accelerated my success.~Cherae Robinson
I am highly impressed with Desiree’s skill set and deep knowledge that she has acquired in her industry. I am currently taking the opportunity to leverage her deep knowledge of working with and getting financing for international organizations. I think her deep pool of connections and experience will come in handy. Not to mention, I enjoy her daily dose of inspiration she dishes out through her Twitter stream. ~ TMS Ruge
You’re so intuitive and are great at pushing people right at the points where they need to expand and change!~ Laura Fletcher
Who this course is for
- People who are forming or thinking of forming a nonprofit
- Nonprofit currently struggling with governance, HR or fundraising issues
- ” One person shop” nonprofits
- Anyone looking for support as they support a non profit in the start-up stage
The tele-class includes:
- 4 key lessons with subject matter experts providing you with specific advice in particular sections
- Pragmatic and tactical tool’s that will help increase your organizations stability, reliability and success
- Supplemental tools, templates and worksheets including audio interviews with experts in the field
- Board Governance Case study for your review
- Recordings of all calls, plus bonus audios of Desiree interviewing folks who have been where you are today sharing their wisdom, lessons learned and strategies for gaining clarity.
Week 1: Got Passion?
This week we discuss the importance of mission, vision, values and strategy – creating the perfect formula for success
Together we will:
- Explore the purpose of your organization-why does it exist
- Define the long term plan for your organization–where are you going
- Create a clear succinct statement of mission, vision and values
- What kind of organization will you become-defining the ethical framework
- Determine who the stakeholders and influencers are and how to make your cause THEIR cause
Week 2 : Cutting the red tape
This week we will explore the variety of legal matters that apply to nonprofit organizations.
Together we will:
• Explore if incorporation is right for you and if so how does an organization incorporate
• Explore what registrations is required
• Determine what tax-exemption status really mean and how to get it.
• Determine what you should look for to make sure you are getting sound legal advice/services
Week 3 : Who is on board?
This week we will dig deep into board governance and review how strong, sustainable boards are created.
Together we will:
- Define what does a board of directors really do.
- Utilize tools and resources to help you determine the best board structure for your org
- Explore who should be on your board and what you should look for in a board member
- Learn how to invite the right people to join your board
Week 4 : Show me the money
This week we will explore what type of funding strategy will keep your organization operating effectively.
Together we will:
- Investigate how you will fund your activities
- What fundraising is
- What a Development Plan is
- How to Start Writing Your Development Plan
- How to Find Board Members
Including bonus materials: Sample Development Plan
10% discount on The Wild Woman’s Guide to Fundraising eBook
Program Dates 2012
Thursday October 4, 11,18,25
8 pm-9:00 EST
Why this course ?
I have been coaching for over 20 years in my role as a senior leader for nonprofit organizations. I have worked with hundreds of communities helping to provide training and guidance in all aspects of the non profit sector as well as individuals who are seeking help in starting a nonprofit. If you only implement a few of the ideas shared in this course, you will get many times your investment.
After this course you will have useful information to help you start and run an effective organization immediately.
This is an investment. An investment in the future of your organization and your dream.
I want to make sure that this opportunity is available to as many people as possible so I pledge to keep it affordable.
It’s only $197
This will be a safe, intimate, focused group with plenty of opportunity for planning, sharing learning and exploring. It’s going to be really fun, but even more than that it’s going to help you do the work you need to create a sustainable organization. You are going to make progress and get fantastic tools and resources to help you be more effective in your work.
I am committed to your satisfaction with this class — and want to make sure it’s a fit for you. If for any reason you’re not entirely satisfied you are welcome to a 100% money back guarantee within 30 days of the purchase date. Your refund will be issued within one week to your credit card.
This is the opportunity that you have been waiting for- sign up today. Take your mission and vision and add my 25+ years of nonprofit management experience and watch change happen!
Let’s get started!